- 1 sheet of Burake Pastry Sheet cut into two equal rectangles
- All-purpose flour, for dusting work surface
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- 1 large egg
- Sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the burake sheets onto a lightly floured work surface.
- Spread ½ cup chocolate hazelnut spread on the pastry, leaving a 2 cm border around all of the edges. Beginning on the longest end, tightly roll up the pastry into a log.
- Cut the log in half lengthwise then carefully twist together the two pieces to form a braid, pinching the ends together to hold the braid in place.
- Repeat the filling, rolling and braiding process with the second sheet of puff pastry and the remaining chocolate hazelnut spread then arrange the twists on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg then brush it atop the twists. Sprinkle the twists with sugar (if using) and bake them for 20 to 25 minutes or until they're golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the twists from the oven and allow them to cool for at least 10 minutes on the baking sheet before slicing and serving.